Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Olay Fresh Effects

I received Olay Fresh Effects from Influenster, my opinions are my own.

 Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream! Skin Perfecting Tinted Moisturizer with Sunscreen, Fair to Light

I don't usually wear make-up to work because I have a very active job. If I wear make-up I always "feel" by 11 am that my make-up is melting off my face. It's not true, but that's the way I feel.

When I first received this I thought this was just a lotion. I've heard of BB Creams, but never understood exactly what it means. On the box it says it is short for Beauty Balm, which still tells me nothing. The back of the package continues to explain that it is one of Asia's hottest beauty sensations. Mostly I was looking forward to this because I love the Oil of Olay brand.

On the side of the box they state 6 Skin Perfecting Benefits in one step. I thought for my review I would just go over each of those benefits and my thoughts on each.
  • Refreshes: I'm not sure how they mean 'refreshes'. I put this on in the morning when I already feel fresh. Perhaps because it is very light I don't feel like my skin is closed off with a thick, heavy cream. I'm fussy about what lotions I use. There are some textures and weightiness to some lotions that bug me. This one is light and I later forgot that I was wearing it. 
  • Brightens: I am very fair skinned and particular about the colors I put on my skin. I chose the Fair to Light color and it works perfectly with my color. I'm very happy about that.
  • Evens Tone: This was the most surprising for me. I have some red blotches and this toned them down and did a good job of covering them up. I feel like it worked better than the foundations I usually use. 
  • Hydrates: The package states that it has 24 hr hydration. My skin felt nice all day, so I'll give it points for that. Since I have oily skin my face never feels dry, but it did feel healthy all day. 
  • Smoothes: I don't have many blemishes so this wasn't something I was looking for. 
  • Protects: It contains a sunscreen broad spectrum SPF 15. The box suggests you put it on 20 minutes before sun exposure and to reapply every 2 hours. It does not work for swimming or sweating. I figure, though, if I'm going to be out in the yard working up a sweat and jumping into the pool later, I'd probably forgo "looking pretty" to getting a sunscreen to do the job. It is nice to know, though, that if I end up outside for a half an hour or so in the middle of my day, like I did on Monday, I'll be protected.

What it doesn't mention is that it has a scent. It is very light and after about 10 minutes fades a great deal. It doesn't smell like the basic pink Oil of Olay in a bottle, but it is just as pleasant.

If you're looking for a cream that will even your skin tone and be light on your skin, I would recommend this product. When I finish using this tube I will be getting more.

To buy and learn more: Olay Fresh Effects

To purchase and read even more reviews (I love Amazon reviews): Amazon.com

There is one review on Amazon in which a customer says she broke out using it. I was very impressed to see that Oil of Olay (P&G) asked the person to contact them so they could discuss her experience with the product. That shows they are a caring company and I like that.






No comments: