Thursday, November 28, 2013

Cake Batter Protein Shake

Cake Batter Protein Shake

8 oz Almond Milk
1 scoop VANILLA protein powder (I use Garden of Life Raw)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon butter extract (sounds weird, smells like movie theater butter popcorn)
1 tablespoon fat/sugar free vanilla pudding mix
1 Banana
2 cups ice cubes


Blend.

This wasn't a favorite of mine. I don't like ice cubes because they dilute the shake and don't add much to it. It might have been better if I had used vanilla protein powder, but I added the vanilla to hopefully  make up for that. Other recipes on the web show sprinkles on top. I didn't use them b/c I don't care for meaningless garnish. I might make it again when I get vanilla protein powder.

UPDATE: Do NOT use unflavored protein powder.I have revised it in the recipe. I also added a banana, because just cake batter is bland. Next time I will use frozen strawberries instead of  ice cubes. I'd rather have the added nutrition.

No comments: